Home Buying During Covid-19
1. Can we still go see home listings in person? – In the NW Indiana market, Real Estate is
considered "essential" so in person showings are subjective and will depend on the home,
the seller, the agent and the fast-changing governmental policies put in place. At Kate Ross, Homes
and Staging we are utilizing "Video/FaceTime and Virtual Tours" whenever possible to keep everyone, safe.
2. How can I stay safe while visiting homes? – Everyone’s health is our top priority;
this includes the buyers, sellers, and agents. If you're able to tour a home in person there are several
precautions you will need to adhere to. You will be asked about your health and your exposure
to COVID-19. You will need to wear a face mask, disposable gloves and shoe coverings. You will
need to carry hand sanitizer, drive separately and meet at the homes. During the showing, your agent
will be the only person permitted to touch anything, including: opening the doors, drawers, closets, light
switches, faucets, etc and must be done using disinfecting wipes and disposable gloves.
3. What happens if I lose my job during the escrow period? –Our real estate contracts include a
contingency that protects the buyer in the event they can’t get final loan approval and close the loan.
Typically during the process, this contingency is removed after a set time frame, or after receiving
the loan approval. If you are unemployed or under employed you won't qualify for the mortgage.
4. Will I still have access to the home during the escrow period? – Yes, buyers will have access for their
home inspections, appraisals, any required repairs and their final "walk through" prior to closing.
To limit exposure, it's best to group these activities, whenever possible.
5. Will I get a better deal if I wait to buy a new home? – Currently in our NW Indiana market, homes
are selling with multiple offers and all indicators point to a very strong sellers market. With historically
low-interest rates, if the right home comes along, it makes sense to consider it.
For information on the Home Buying, Selling, Building or Staging process,
give me a call/text at #317-407-5889 or visit my website to download one
of my guides at www.KateRossSellsHomes.com