Welcome to my blog! I will spend the next few weeks sharing some tips
on how to get your home ready for the Spring Selling Season.
Buyers notice everything – good and bad. From the moment they walk
in the front door, they are trying to determine if this is the right home
for them and their family. If you have your home listed for sale, paying
attention to what the buyers notice can mean the difference between an
offer and a missed opportunity.
Here are 8 things buyer will notice---immediately about your home!
1. Light – A bright home is inviting. Make sure you fill your home with
lots of natural light or a soft evening glow. Leave the lights on and open
curtains and blinds.
2. Smell – Nothing is less inviting than a strong odor. Even candles and air
fresheners can be overwhelming. Less is more and make sure nothing
unpleasant is lingering.
3. Space – Remove any unneeded furniture to make your space look
and feel open and inviting. Proper placement will help accent your
4. Ceilings – Of course you can’t make your ceilings higher, but make
sure they are free from water stains because buyers will look up!
5. Pictures and Personal Items – Remove personalization as much as
possible so the buyers can imagine their family in the home, if they
are looking at your stuff, they're not looking at your home!
6. Outdated Furnishings and Fixtures – If your home is filled with
hand-me-downs, consider hiring a professional stager or a Realtor
that provides Home Staging services, like me! If you have old wallpaper
or outdated paint colors, these should be removed and replaced, as well.
7. Dirty, Grimy Rooms – Most important, clean everything thoroughly &
hire a cleaning service to keep your home clean while selling. Nothing
is less appealing than a dirty home and it suggests that the home has
not been properly maintained.