Selling Your Home During COVID-19
1. Should I still try and sell my home? – The health concerns of the sellers’ family must be taken
into consideration. Unless absolutely necessary, the elderly and those with underlying health issues
should not allow unnecessary people into their homes; including buyers and agents. If your
household is essentially healthy and not considered high-risk, then this could be a great time to sell.
With historically low-interest rates and low inventory, homes are selling with multiple offers, often
for full price or over!
2. Is it safe to have people through my home? – This is certainly a concern, but there are practical
steps you can take to ensure safer home showings. We offer "Virtual Home Tours" and Video &
FaceTime Showings to minimize risk, if you're not comfortable with in person showings.
3. What can I do to protect my family during showings? - We recommend the following to
protect your home, family and visitors by taking the following precautions:
a. Keep hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, disposable face masks, gloves and shoe covers
at the front door for buyers and their agents to use as they enter the home.
b. Turn on all lights and open all the doors, cabinets, drawers or designate the buyers agent
to do all of these for them, using gloves and disinfecting wipes.
c. Limit the showing days and hours so you can properly clean between showings.
d. Restrict the number of buyers allowed in the house for showing , and limit this to adults only.
4. What happens if my buyer loses their job? – Most real estate contracts include a contingency
for the buyer loan approval and funding. Now more than ever, it’s critical to keep that contingency
in place. In the unfortunate event the buyer loses their job or can no longer qualify for the loan
during the contingency deadline, the parties cancel typically cancel the contract.
5. Will I get a higher price if I wait to list my home? – No one knows for sure, but right now it's
still a sellers market in NW Indiana and demand for housing is very strong in all price points.
So if you're ready to sell, now is the time. For more information, please give me a call or text,
I am here to help!
Homes and Staging
Coldwell Banker Realty